The role is covered in the following locations: Derby, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield
Our client is a specialist communications agency providing medical communications services to meet client needs.
They strongly believe that successful medical communication is based on understanding the science, the client's brand and the commercial space they work within.
This agency have a highly experienced senior team of strategically and commercially aware professionals who are backed up by a multi-skilled group of Medical Writers and Account Managers. They understand and can support the range of communications projects and deliverables a client needs to make their brand a success.
They see the potential for more effective delivery across the entire lifecycle, from very early clinical development through to market access communications.
Scientific Director - Remote / Hybrid
To provide scientific expertise and guidance to the business and clients
The Scientific Director will be a member of the management team and will actively participate in and contribute to management meetings and the subsequent discussions and decisions that affect the day-to-day management, direction and success of the entire business.
• Develop and implement strategic communications plans, producing quality medical and scientific materials
• Lead liaison with clients and KOLs on scientific content and strategic implications related to communication of that content
• Maintain relationships with clients and KOLs to ensure long-term account health and development
• Apply therapy area expertise and commercial awareness to support effective proposal development and to meet business objectives of the team
• Proactively identifies opportunities to allow organic growth of assigned accounts
• Educate writing and account teams on scientific aspects of assigned accounts, demonstrating strong understanding of relevant therapy area and market environment
• Undertake editorial and/or strategic development of projects and ensures that deliverables meet client needs
• Review the work of others providing constructive, supportive feedback, to ensure scientific accuracy, strategic alignment and quality of outputs
• Act as a mentor to team members encouraging their personal development
• Work with the editorial team to manage resourcing and workflow to ensure completion of projects on time and to client brief
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, external suppliers, external authors and KOLs.
• Encourage and support an open and professional culture among colleagues.
• Assist the team in monitoring actual writing hours/costs against those budgeted.
• Source and manage freelance support, when required.
• Take responsibility for own professional development.
• Follow Meridian HealthComms procedures and policies.
• Anything else reasonably required.
- A bachelor's degree (BSc or equivalent) in a biological or life science including, but not limited to biochemistry, genetics, human biology, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology or physiology.
- Ideally two years' and above, medical writing experience in a medical communications agency or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Curiosity about the application of science to healthcare and a demonstrable aptitude for and interest in written English, particularly science writing.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
Salary up £84,000
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Life assurance cover
Death in service cover