The role is covered in the following locations: Stevenage
We are recruiting on behalf of a well-respected, global life science company who is looking for a Service Manger to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to move into a growing company. This company is known for its high-quality, reliable and precise laboratory products, which are trusted by scientists and researchers worldwide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for 3 direct and 11 indirect reports across the service team. You will also be responsible for the customer service of its customers, resulting in customer satisfaction, service revenue and service growth.
Managing is in your nature; driving performances through creativity, enthusiasm for continuous improvements, encouraging and guiding the team members and celebrating successes.
What the role can offer you:
Salary negotiable depending on experience
• £10,000 annual bonus
• Life insurance
• Employee Assistant Programme
• Private healthcare
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Lead and manage the service team(s) and safeguard employee satisfaction
• Harmonizing the service organization on local level in alignment with the company's global service strategy
• Expand and manage the service business
• Lead and transform the organization to further improve excellence in Customer Service
• Increase service value through customer intimacy
• Developing, implement and measure partnership with 3rd party stakeholders.
• Drive continuous improvements to maintain or improve on the quality of service delivery
• Periodic reporting to the Head of Service North Europe
• Recruit, manage and develop your people, to grow and develop them to their full potential and ensuring effective succession planning
• Setting clear aims and objectives with clarity of delivery accountability to team
• Manage and direct the activities to provide required support for installations, calibrations, repairs, training, etc.
• Implement service policies and procedures (in alignment with global guidelines)
• Manage growth actively, increase service revenue and profit, by transforming the existing reactive business into a more pro-active one
• Secure full regulatory, health, safety, environmental and quality management requirements to minimize business and regulatory risks
• Provide close proximity between customer and Customer Service and ensure customer satisfaction
• Manage customer escalations
• Communicate service issues, trends and action plans to the Head of Service
• Participate in critical negotiations with customers
• Participate in projects to further develop the Service organization locally, within the region and across the region
Previous people management of a high level (managing managers as well as engineers)
• Ideally good knowledge of the life science industry (competition, service products & business models, customer segments)
• Experience with business-relevant financial, HR and administrative tasks; understanding of financial key data
• Well organised and self-motivated
• Proven leadership qualities
• Good communication skills
• Full, valid driving license
• Commutable to Stevenage office
• Willingness to travel when required