The role is covered in the following locations: Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax, Leeds, Wakefield
URGO MEDICAL UK: A company providing exclusive wound management solutions and value added services for medical professionals and their patients.
Because serious wounds constitute a significant source of suffering all over the world, our mission as 'Healing Company', is to relieve and cure patients by providing them with the most appropriate dressings and treatment protocols.
Skin care and wound care comprise the priority development, in direct cooperation with health care professionals, i.e. pharmacists, physicians, nurses etc.
Based on the URGO brand name support, our company has mobilised its human and financial resources to conquer new markets.
To achieve its objective of development, URGO has to expand its activities internationally, with Europe being a priority, through alliances, acquisitions and the strengthening of the distributor brand name.
An entrepreneurial spirit, confidence in one's colleagues, respecting customers and dialogue with share-holders, these are URGO's key values which are the basis of profitable growth in a continuing economically viable and human setting.
The role of the Product Specialist within this is to;
Promote, sell and ensure the growth of On Formulary Target Brands across the Advanced Wound Care and Compression therapeutic areas within the geographical area of responsibility.
Context & Responsibilities
- Maximising sales results in On Formulary accounts.
- Driving the growth of On Formulary target brands across the territory.
- Building strong key relationships to ensure that Urgo is seen as the partner of choice.
- Working as an integral part of the local Matrix team to include Healthcare Partnership Manager, Clinical Specialist and Clinical Trainer.
- Development of Business Plans in order to optimise Account growth.
- Build & supporting Implementation Plans and review at regular intervals.
- Work closely with the local Matrix team (RSM, HPM, CS, DFU & CT) to support Account wins.
- Achievement of annual sales and market share targets for the Urgo Focus Brand Portfolio.
- Achievement of agreed KPIs and objectives including the effective use of the Urgo CRM system.
- To have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the Company products, policies and objectives.
- To provide customers with relevant clinical and product knowledge through effective presentation and listening skills.
- To build positive customer relationships in order for Urgo to be seen as the 'Partner of Choice.'
- To utilise SPIN Selling Skills and up to date Marketing messages and materials to promote the use of On Formulary products.
- Utilise all available data to enable highly effective planning and territory management.
- To organise and manage customer meetings, study days and exhibitions within the territory.
- To participate in Regional and National Sales Meetings as an opportunity to share Best Practice.
- Take ownership of own Self-Development to ensure product, clinical and therapeutic knowledge is up to date.
Key Internal Relationships
- National Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Clinical Trainer
- Healthcare Partnership Manager
- Clinical Specialist
- DFU Specialist
- Customer Services
Key External Relationships
- Tissue Viability Nurse
- Vascular Nurse Specialist
- Leg Ulcer Specialist
- District Nurse
- Practice Nurse
- Treatment Room Nurse
- Ward Sister
- Ward Clerk
- Tissue Viability Link Nurse
- Nursing Home Nurses
The position reports to a Regional Sales Manager, who in turn reports directly to the National Sales Manager.
- Degree level or equivalent or ability to demonstrate appropriate and applicable career experience
- Ability to interpret and analyse sales data
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to utilise other internal resource
- Excellent presentation skills
- IT literate
- Planning and organisation
- Knowledge of the wound care market is desirable though not essential
- Planning and Organising
- Results Focused
- Team Working
- Effective Communication Skills
- Open to Change
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking
- Gaining Commitment
- Self-Learning and Continuous Improvement
£30,000-£35,000 per annum based upon experience, OTE First year £9k uncapped
o Lucrative and achievable incentive scheme based on individual targets
o Other Group incentive schemes based on performance
o Group Profit Sharing Bonus (after 6 months)
o Company Car - personal mileage charged at cost OR Car Allowance (£6,200)
o Mobile Phone - pay for personal calls
o Life Assurance 4x potential annual earnings
o Entry into Stakeholder pension Scheme (5% employer/5% employee contributions) after 6 months probationary period
o Entry into non-contributory Private Medical Healthcare Scheme after 6 months probationary
o 25 days holiday + 8 BH