The role is covered in the following locations: Birmingham, Derby, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield
Account Manager role covering the Midlands for a world class manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic products!
PRODUCTS: Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Immunology
CUSTOMERS: NHS & Private Clinical Laboratories
Applicants must be based on territory, and willing to travel as this sales area covers a large geographical area. The role will require, at times, overnight stays to ensure the opportunities in the territory are to be fully exploited.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
To achieve the volume and profit objectives for a designated product portfolio, within a specified sales territory, with the aim of assisting the company achieve its overall sales and profitability targets, delivering year on year sales and profit growth.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- To manage a core territory as determined by the Sales & Marketing Director so that agreed sales and profitability targets are delivered.
- To attain annual sales to pre-defined sales targets within the territory by both growing the number of products sold to each customer and growing the number of customers.
- To produce accurate, reliable market information in order to determine the potential profitability of the introduction of new products.
- To communicate market intelligence on customer needs and competitor activity.
- Work closely and in conjunction with other departments within Mast including Marketing, R&D and Customer Services
- To own, manage, keep up to date and ensure all appropriate databases are accurate. This particularly includes the CRM system.
- To rigorously comply with all appropriate procedural documents
- To pro-actively develop, monitor and manage customer accounts.
- To pro-actively network with customers and prospects at specialist meetings, forums, presentations etc
- To be pro-active for quotation opportunities, in managing electronic quotes and invitation to tenders (ITT). To ensure such quotations and ITTs are responded to within the appropriate deadlines and standards.
- To attend exhibitions and demonstration as required.
- To deliver territory based sales campaigns and achieve the planned new sales
- To contribute to being a member of a highly motivated sales team by actively networking within the team and actively participating in all sales and company events.
ADDITIONAL SHARED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To work within agreed budgetary constraints.
- To promote Mast in a consistently professional manner appropriate with company guidelines.
- To work as part of a focussed, co-ordinated sales team.
- To be the customer's champion and ensure the company's service to him exceeds his expectations:
- In addition to the specified duties, the incumbent is expected to perform additional tasks as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation when reasonably called on to do so.
- Fully supports and implements Company objectives as identified in the organisation business plan.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES:
- Where appropriate follows Standard Operating Procedures.
- BSc in BMS or molecular biology
- Work in NHS or equivalent health service diagnostic laboratory as a Biomedical Scientist.
- Microbiologist or molecular biologist
- The ability to network effectively across a broad range of people and organisations at all levels both internally and externally.
- Available during normal working hours
- Available to work late as workload dictates which may include travel occasionally at weekends.
- Prepared to travel internationally if required
- Smart professional appearance
- Hardworking team player
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- A minimum of two years sales experience within UK IVD market.
- Marketing experience/knowledge
- A good practical understanding of diagnostic BMS and clinical IVD
- Demonstrates ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Flexible, able to undertake new tasks and enjoys new challenges
- Willing to relocate if necessary.
- Available to attend scientific conferences and meetings to expand knowledge of specific techniques and applications.